Thursday, January 3, 2013

Chunky Handmade Rugs


A few of us were sitting around crafting last night, and the subject of chunky, substantial, handmade knit rugs came up, after seeing this beauty on PurlBee:
From Purl Bee
And that conversation reminded me that I had a few good photos saved on my computer from those days before Pinterest, when I would download them for myself and (horror!) show them to no one.

See more after the jump!



From Mary Marie Knits
Isn't that just lovely? I could see it at the base of some stairs, or as Mary Marie Knits shows on her website, as the most beautiful dog bed ever.
From Christien Meindertsma
It's okay. I know you probably squealed with delight, as I did upon seeing this cabled rug. I pretty much swoon over anything that is made by Christien Meindertsma, whose projects are one-part knitting, one-part determination and one-part "didn't I see that at the modern art museum?"

And then, there's the first chunky rug I ever saved to my hardrive:
From Ladies and Gentlemen
It's called the Mega Doily from Ladies and Gentlemen. It might be the most sublime crocheted item I've seen. Wouldn't you agree?

Doesn't this all make you want to run out and find some gigantic yarn so you can make a chunky rug of your own? Yeah. Me, too.

Have a crafty day!

No comments:

Post a Comment